Public Auction – Terms of sale
- The sale as well as the payments will be done in Euros. Buyers have to pay immediately for their purchases, which means that lots will be released to them only when full and cleared payment has been received
For the silent auctions, in addition to the hammer price, the buyer has to pay a premium of 25 %, V.AT. inclusive, and a fee of 3.6 %.
- In addition to the hammer price, the buyer has to pay a buyer’s premium of 25%, V.A.T. inclusive, all strictly in cash and in Euros.
- Cash payments are limited to 3.000 €.
- A resale tax of 4% on the hammer price from 2.000 € on is due on any original work of art by an artist who died less than 70 years ago.
- All items are assumed to be in good condition unless otherwise stated. Buyers are kindly invited to carry out their own inspection of the lots they want to buy. All items to be auctioned are on view for several days prior to the public sale
- Returning an item after the striking of the hammer will not be accepted, whatever the reason put forward. Those items bought on order must be inspected within 8 days after receipt. Any return after this term will be refused
- All items of the catalogue with the mention « n.c. » (non collationné = not inspected) are not subject to return. Neither are those sold in lots (two items or more), works consisting in multiple volumes and periodicals or series. Please note that “inc.” means, in French, “not complete”.
- Henri Godts will execute any absentee bid if received in a written form and at last at the end of the day before the sale
- After full payment, buyers are kindly requested to take away their purchases during or immediately after the public auction, at the auction room the two days after the auction and then at the bookshop, 230 avenue Louise.
- Goods will be send only after full payment; packing and dispatching are entirely at the buyer’s own expenses and risks
- On every purchase Belgian law only is applicable, and all cases of dispute are exclusively to the competence of the Brussels Chamber
ING : IBAN : BE93 3101 6892 3667 – SWIFT/BIC : BBRUBEBB
KBC : IBAN : BE38 7350 0620 6772 – SWIFT/BIC : KRED BEBB
CCP-PCR : IBAN : BE61 0003 2512 6317 – SWIFT/BIC : BPOT BEB1
VAT : BE 479.015.593 – TNrBrussels : 662914
IBAN : International Bank Account Number
Please note that all inquiries must be sent
only and max. 24 hours before the auction
to Henri Godts Antiquarian Bookseller